Call for Climate Justice Fellow
Climate Justice Fellow 2022
We are pleased to invite proposals from early year academicians and researchers for the ‘Climate Change/Climate Justice Research Fellowship’. The Fellowship is initiated for developing scholarship and action oriented policy research in the area of climate change and climate justice. The aim of the fellowship is to provide actionable policy research to the challenges of climate change.
We invite proposals that shall be related but not limited to the following themes
- Climate Change and Business & Human Rights
- Climate Change and Marginalised/Indegiounous Communities
- Climate Change and Rights of the Future Generations
- Climate Change and Development
- Climate Change and International Law
A fellowship amount of NRs. 10,000/- (Ten Thousand Rupees) each shall be provided for the Research. The applicants must be citizens of Nepal and should focus their research area with the themes referred above. Necessary tax shall be deducted as per the rules.
The research conducted under the fellowship and the article shall be property of Ideas Nepal and shall be appropriately published and disseminated by Ideas Nepal.
Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria (100 points total):
- 10 points: Project Description and Title
- 25 points: Significance and Rationale of project
- 25 points: Research Questions: What questions are you asking and investigating?
- 15 points: Research Design of the Study
- 25 points: Quality of the written proposal, i.e., clarity, organization, and design (method, data, analysis)
Eligible applicants: The applicant should be –
- In first seen (7) years of their teaching career; or
- PhD Scholars and Masters Scholars
How to apply?
Applications for Climate Change/Climate Justice Fellow 2022 are now open. Interested students can apply through this link.
- Applications for the fellowship are open from 5th January 2022 to 5th March 2022.
- The selection process will be conducted through two stages –
Research Proposal and CV of the applicant will be reviewed by a committee of experts constituted by Ideas Nepal and final decision to the fellowship recipients will be notified by 30th March 2022.
- The selection process will be conducted completely through online means and the form is to be filled through the website itself.
- The selection and number of fellows will depend on availability of resources.
Please note that the decision of the selection committee is final. For any queries and clarifications, please write to us at [email protected]